Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sendero Los Quetzales


A couple week's ago, I told you that I was finished with Boquete, Panama. Well, I lied! I forgot about one more unpublished scenic road trip. So scenic in fact, that it was impossible to capture on digital film. Well, at least with my point and shoot.

The color isn't quite the mossy myriad rainbow of greens I saw with my naked eye. The depth isn't as deep. The vistas aren't quite as breathtakingly vast. And the morning fog isn't quite as magical. 



Every time we got into the car in Boquete and drove up into the hills, I always said, "That was the prettiest drive yet." Each one seemed to surpass the last one. 


Is this one the prettiest?



I don't know. But this time, it really is the last. In Boquete.



There's cows up in those thar hills.


Moo.


And wild berries.


Once at the top, we attempted a hike on the Sendero Los Quetzales trail. We drove from Boquete, which is at an elevation of around 3,200 feet to the 6,500 start of the trail. We didn't get very far. Because of moi. Me. The wimp. I was tired from what ever activity we did the day before. But we still dinged around long enough to enjoy a scenic picnic lunch back at the trail head. But, the drive alone was worth it.


Farm workers were picking potatoes on the hillside. I was glad that I was on vacation. And could end the puffer of a trail at any time. With no hard labor.


The trail was embedded with shards of old tile.


The paint was peeling right off this sign. Soon, it will be sign-less!


This farm or finca along the trail, had a quaint little sign nestled in-between these beautiful flowers. 


This flower had a visitor. Do you see it?


This flower grew along side a mossy fence post. Actually, everything was mossy. 



I captured a bee. Yippee!


I wish this was my driveway.


I wish I was still in Panama. There's nothing like traveling. 

And be sure to travel to The Chorus of the Crows this week.  I spin a twisted and barbed tale...

The Links:


25 comments:

Unknown said...

The misty hills are magical! I love all the flowers.

Jeanna said...

Yeah, that wud make a nice driveway but no fun to shovel. You got some great pics especially for a pns. I wonder why the tile on the trail, color maybe?

Kristiina said...

Nature and scenery in your pictures looks fantastic.

R. Täysin arkista

Ida said...

So many beautiful photos. What a glorious trip this had to have been. Loved those upside down flowers and the "bee" capture.

DUTA said...

Indeed, " there's nothing like travelling", and Panama seems like a great choice. It has it all: scenic roads, foggy hills, cows, wild berries, potatoes, flowers, signs...
Thanks for the awsome pictures.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think everyone of those photos is spectacular!
love
tweedles

Ruth said...

I am glad you had more to share about Panama. What a spectacular drive! I think I have mentioned it before, but it reminds me a lot of certain places in Puerto Rico.

handmade by amalia said...

What adventures you've had! Looks like a stunning place tovisit.
Amalia
xo

likeschocolate said...

A gorgeous place to vacation.
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am glad you didn't forget to show us these fabulous images of a wondrful place. I am not surprised you stil want to be there.

DJan said...

Lovely pictures and nice bee capture! I did see the visitor on the flower. :-)

Maude Lynn said...

These are just stunning!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Look at all those beautiful colors!

Out And About Global said...

Some friends had a similar experience in Norway---they said around every corner they were just amazed at the beautiful views and finally had to just keep driving bc there were too many beautiful ones to stop at.

Birgitta said...

So green and beautiful!

carol l mckenna said...

Creative nature photography and love the road and fence photo!

Happy Day and Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Natasha said...

Beautiful shots here, love the one with the moth on the flowers - stunning! - Tasha

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

That's a beautiful place to travel. The flowers are breathtaking.

Y'all come on back,
Hawk aka BrownDog

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful shots of Panama and the park. The scenery is gorgeous. The flowers are gorgeous! Great capture of the bee! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Anonymous said...

Panama is very pretty. It does look like I would imagine, very lush and exotic rainforesty. Yep, I made that word up... but it fits. :-D

Lisa @ Life Thru the Lens

Ohmydearests said...

it looks so beautiful and lush! I love the image of the giant yellow flowers! have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Am glad you discovered this part of your trip that you didn't share yet. Truly beautiful! Even with the morning fog:):) The yellow blowers (Brugmansia)are one of my favorite - so elegant! Many thanks for sharing this with SEASONS!Very much appreciated, and hope to see you back next week!
(As a side note, maybe you were tired because you traveled to 6000 feet -less oxygen at that altitude)

NCSue said...

Fascinating, Sharon - such nice pix!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/lovely-san-juan.html

Villrose said...

A very special and lush place. Would love to go there!

A Colorful World said...

Oh how gloriously beautiful!!! I wish I could see it with my naked eye...I know photos never do a place justice, and I can just imagine. It's really a dream-place! So glad you realized you hadn't posted it!

Oh, check out my Reply to your Comment on my recent book review!